Sunday, October 5, 2014

Community Outreach

October is here, and the 1st 6 weeks of the year is complete.  I don't know about you, but I am glad to be past all of the "beginning of the year" tasks.  Another added bonus, when I help dismiss students it's not 100 degrees!

As a counselor, often times I deal with the things that are heartbreaking.  However, I try not to focus on that.  I am so lucky to have a job that I can help with some of those heartbreaking things.  Notice I said help and not fix!  I had to learn a long time ago that I cannot fix everything that I want to, but I can always help.
The picture above was taken after my fellow counselor and I went shopping for food to help students in need.  My school is fortunate enough to work with various churches and community agencies that also have a passion to help children.  These groceries were bought by a local church that has a mission to help feed hungry children.  Always remember to reach out when the needs of your school and your students exceeds what you can do alone.  The generosity of others is truly amazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment